Autism is a life-long neuro-developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate and interact with people. Of so many therapies that seem to exist craniosacral therapy is touted to be effective for treating autism. CranioSacral therapy comes under the category of complementary medicine therapies and proved to treat autism by relieving stress of the central nervous system. However this therapy must be administered by experienced professionals like chiropractors, massage therapists or physical therapists.
How CranioSacral Therapy Helps in Autism?
A trained craniosacral therapy provider will involve in meticulous skeletal and muscular massage which is aimed to release emotional, communicative and physical blockages associated with this spectrum disorder. The gentle pressure applied regulates and balances the cerebrospinal fluid throughout the body. It also reduces the inflammation of the membranes and the tissues surrounding the brain and the spine. By applying the light touch the chiropractor removes any restrictions in the flow of cerebrospinal fluid. This creates a calming effect and alleviates the symptoms that accompany this disorder. In short craniosacral therapy works by enhancing the body’s natural healing ability.
Call (973) 665-3696 today!
How long the treatment should be initiated?
The craniosacral therapy that aims at achieving central nervous system harmony is undertaken once in a week. Generally craniosacral therapy for autism is recommended on a long term basis. This relaxing treatment usually lasts anywhere between fifteen minutes to an hour and is generally done without removing the clothing. The duration of the massage is usually decided by the patient’s ability to tolerate the sensory stimulation and the cost of services. Using a touch no heavier than the weight of nickel the massage therapist pinpoints the source of obstruction or stress and gently massages along the spinal column and the skull. Craniosacral therapy is relatively a new intervention but assures promising results.
Cost Involved in this Treatment
The treatment cost of craniosacral therapy is expensive especially if it is administered by a highly qualified professional. The cost of this therapy varies per hour and may require several sessions during a week. If the skills of massage are transferred to a caretaker it may cost less. However the massage therapist has to teach and practice the massage techniques to the caretaker. Once the massage techniques are mastered by the caretaker under the guidance of the massage therapist he/she will then administer the treatment easily. Now the patient can benefit from this massage therapy absolutely free of cost.
Call (973) 665-3696 to learn more about our services
Benefits of CranioSacral Therapy in Alleviating Symptoms Related to Autism:
- CranioSacral therapy is based on the concept that the body is self-healing in nature. Yes, it encourages the body’s natural healing process. This non-invasive technique that releases restrictions around the brain and the spinal cord allows your body to heal on its own. There are absolutely no side effects associated with this form of treatment.
- No force, pressure or poking is done. The gentle touch which enhances deep relaxation boosts self-healing. It assures a subtle and profound relaxation so much so that one may even drift off to a deep slumber. This technique ensures an increased sense of relaxation.
- This treatment can aid physical vitality and improve the body’s ability to self-repair. Hence the increased sense of well-being strengthens and improves the immune system of the body.
- Sometimes the benefits are not immediately noticeable but one can feel the improvement in symptoms.
- Change in the behavioral patterns can lead to good improvement in the interpersonal relationships.
- The light touch implemented in this therapy assures that it is one of the safest therapeutic forms. However the key to treating autism depends upon early evaluation.
- A child with autism after craniosacral therapy has appeared more relaxed, better to make eye contact, is more verbal, shows improved behavior, better impulse control and concentration, able to demonstrate affection and exhibits improved socialization.
Facts about autism:
- Autism is the fastest growing serious developmental disability in the U.S with the prevalence figures shooting every year.
- Boys are more susceptible than girls to this disorder. It affects one in eighty eight children and one in fifty four boys.
- Various researches evidence that autism is deep rooted in the very early stage of brain development itself and in most cases the cause is still unidentified.
CranioSacral therapy is proved to be one of the most helpful alternative health care treatments to support and help kids diagnosed with autism disorder. This therapy in fact instills hope in the minds of kids living with this disability.
Call (973) 665-3696 today!